FREE - Pine Cone in Watercolor for Beginners
Beginners Get Your Feet Wet With This Free Lesson!
Free fun lesson for beginners and more advanced painters - no painting experience or special materials needed.
1. No drawing needed. Trace the outline page onto your watercolor paper, using graphite paper. (You can make this yourself at home with nothing more than a pencil and paper - see the materials section for more.)
2. Follow the step by step written instructions for smooth sailing to a nice painting. The fun video demonstrates each step.
3. Don't forget to add some soft, blurry pine needles on wet paper at the end - they add a lot of dimension!
4. Or draw your own pine for a unique, original painting.
5. Wet washes always take on a life of their own, so making cards for the holidays can give you lots of guided practice - which is excellent practice in honing your watercolor painting skills.
Guided practice is excellent practice - so
Enroll today for some watercolor painting fun - it's free!
Hi, I'm Deb Watson - a self taught artist and long time watercolor teacher
My story is simple.
I loved drawing from childhood, but was discouraged from art as a waste of time. So, I became a nurse, worked at a lot of hospitals and raised a family. But I kept painting.
Over time, I became better at the realism I loved, and just kept working toward improving through painting and self-study. I've always enjoyed painting scenes from my life and small town community (which I call my Small Town America series).
My paintings are not usually famous or majestic subjects, often they're just everyday stuff I see around. But I see so much beauty there, and show it to the rest of the world by painting it.
Now, my watercolors have been in exhibits and won awards across the nation. Yet, it's when my art connects me to other people that it's really done what I wanted, and teaching certainly does that!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want more, subscribe to my youtube channel (free)
or my new paid subscription site for weekly lessons and info: ($5 a month)
My goals for 2020 are to have more fun, doing just what I like - paint what I like and video fun lessons to share. Join me online somewhere to share the fun in 20202.
Oh, and Facebook, too - (also free)
Remember - painting improves your life. I think it's like meditation, in a way.